About two weeks ago, I was nominated to take part in the Seven Links Project by Natalie Sayin from TurkishTravelBlog.com. Unfortunately with the hecticness of school and life I seemingly forgot till I asked to be nominated by someone. Rightfully so Natalie is a great flinger and this time her reminder stuck. So what is ‘My Seven links’? Well it’s a fun project originally started by Katie at Trip Base, in a way to connect bloggers from around the www.
“To unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again”
1) The Blogger is nominated to take part by another blogger
2) He/She publishes their 7 links on their own blog. One Link for each category
3) They nominate up to five more bloggers to take part.
Simple enough right, so lets get flinging!
- My most beautiful post – Marriage is Forever!
I’d say this is a beautiful post because beyond all the worries and fears of marriage it boils down to one true point, I love my wife @(^_^)@
– My most popular post – How to Write an About Me section – and Why Your Current One Sucks
I have someone stop by this post almost daily, and I’m sure it isn’t exactly what they are looking for but I still think the points I made then hold true today, especially for us travelers.
– My most controversial post
– The Travel Channel: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of TV Travel
OK, so I’m a monkey. You aren’t going to take me serious anyways but I lay the smack down on the Travel Channel, or fling down I guess.
– My most helpful post – How To Pack: Roll vs Fold
In a world where space and weight make all the difference when traveling I wanted to see how we could get the most out of our luggage. Rolling vs Folding is a disagreement that’s probably as old as the Wright brother, I add one more into the mix and add small plastic individual container bags to help organize as well.
– A post whose success surprised me – 50 Women Travelers – Eat Your Heart Out ‘Eat, Pray Love’
I came to the realization that of all the lists out there, there wasn’t one highlighting women travelers and travel bloggers so I did just that. I figured with highlighting so many great women it would be kind of popular but never to the extend that I would need to make a part II list.
– A post I feel didn’t get the attention it deserved – Falling Whistles – Will You Be A Whistleblower for Peace?
I was really moved by their story and mission and want to help in any way I can. I wear my whistle and that sparks some interest but I was hoping this post would cause a bit more of a stir than it did.
– The post that I’m are most proud of – She Said Yes
OK the reason I’m proud of this post is not because of the post but what the post is about. Especially because it always tends to happen, the infamous question, “So how did you propose?” It is all about the story and I think that this is a great one, and the best part is it didn’t go at all with my original plan.
Drum roll please …………………….. Ta Da! I’d like to nominate these wonderful flingers to participate and share their 7 links. Are you up for the challenge? (Oh and I included Tripbase, I’m not nominating them since they are the ones who started but just wanted to add them to who I’m highlighting)
Don’t forget to fling this post to others if you like what you see!