Even a happy-go-lucky monkey such as myself must face the facts, one day my furry little butt will be no more. Instead of worrying about when that day comes I think it best to work towards completing some spectacular things in my life so when my final day comes and that big banana in the sky comes for me, I can say I’ve peeled the best of them.
I will be sure to insert a link to connect to a picture/blog post that I’ve written that correlates to each of these items on my bucket list. I can’t promise you I will complete them all in a timely manner but I will work on a way to complete them one way or the other.
1. Cross a country on a bicycle.
2. Climb one of the world’s Seven Summits. Climbing mountains is not for the faint-hearted, but everyone has had a dream of standing atop one.
3. Participate in a Carnival parade in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
4. Dance Tango in Argentina.
5. Learn to ballroom dance properly.
6. SCUBA in the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia.
7. Travel around the world in a round the world flight.
8. Photograph an endangered species.
9. Participate in Burning Man.
10. Go to Oktoberfest.
11. Drive on an autobahn in Germany.
12. Enjoy a freshly rolled cigar in Cuba.
13. Skydive/wing-suit and experience what it feels like to fly.
14. Attend at least one major sporting event: the Super Bowl, the Olympics, the U.S. Open.
16. Shower in a waterfall.
17. Raft/hike through the Grand Canyon.
18. Donate money and put your name on something: a college scholarship, a bench in the park.
19. Go up in a hot-air balloon.
20. Kiss the Blarney stone and develop the gift of gab.
21. Drink a perfectly poured Guinness in a pub in Ireland
22. Make yourself spend a half-day at a concentration camp and swear never to forget.
23. Learn to bar tend.
24. Run a marathon/Triathlon.
25. Visit the Great Wall of China
26. Spend a week at sea
27. Take a homeless person out to eat
28. Walk the Incan trail to Machu Picchu, Peru
29. Visit the Great Pyramid
30. Attend The Tonight Show or The Late Show as an audience member.
31. Scuba-dive to a large ship wreck
32. Jump off a cliff into a natural body of water in an exotic location.
33. Spend a night pub-hopping in London.
34. Write a book… even if it’s short and never gets published.
35. Go skinny dipping in a large body of water at midnight.
36. Spend New Years Eve in Times Square.
37. Hit up Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
38. Experience Spring Break in all its glory in Cancun, Mexico or Panama City Beach, Florida.
39. Spend a whole day making love without every leaving the house.
40. Go to Japan and view the cherry blossoms bloom
41. bungee jump
42. Visit the Taj Mahal
43. Visit Stonehenge
44. Read the Classics
45. Explore Teotihuacan
46. Participate in Dia De Lose Muertos, Mexico City
47. Go to an airport and take a cheap soon departing plane to a random destination and spend the weekend there.
48. Start a business
49. Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain
50. a Tomatina: World’s biggest tomato fight staged annually on the streets of Bunol, Spain
51. Learn to fly a plane
53. Leave a dollar where a kid will find it.
54. Listen to the Dalai Lama Speak
55. Learn to ride a unicycle
56. Buy a round for a packed bar.
57. Kiss at the top of the Eiffel tower
58. BBQ my own dinner on a beach
59. Make my own art work and hang it on my wall
60. Send a message in a bottle
61. Ride a camel in a dessert
62. Be an extra in a film
63. Stay out all night partying and go to work without having gone home
64. Be a nude model for an art class
65. Eat a waffle in Belgium
66. Study Yoga at the place of its creation – in India.
What are some things on your list? Anything that I should add to mine?